Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dollar Store Finds....


Here are a few items that I found on my trip to the $ Store.
Lately there has been a buzz about finding inexpensive items and turning them into something unique. So I thought I would try it out.



A white dinner plate~Added some chalkboard paint & a bow.


I found the perfect place for the plate above my cabinets.

Family sign~ Spray painted with a coat of black spray paint, let dry & finished with a coat of ivory spray paint. Sanded with a sanding block for a rustic look.

Displayed on top of my new wine rack....That I heart!!

So, I don't think I did to bad for two dollars plus the paint.
The Dollar Tree crew may just get to know me by name!!

4 comments:

  1. I love this stuff and apparently need to tour your house for decorating ideas :) I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the dollar store...except that I should call it the $100 store because I never leave there without spending waaaay too much! Love the family sign, and the 'pray' plate looks loverly amidst all the goodies on top of your cabs. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it all!! This is sooo addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG.. I am SO doing those plates as Christmas gifts!!! Thanks for the great idea!!!
    I am going to use red chalk paint and write "JOY" and other christmas sayings on them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete