Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Christmas Bulb Wreath...


These are plastic bulbs purchased from Hobby Lobby....They have a whole isle of the plastic bulbs any color you could possibly want. I stuck with red and silver....
1. Remove the top of the bulbs and place hot glue around the outside, place the top of the bulb back on and allow the glue to dry. (This is so the tops are secure).

2. Shape your metal coat hanger in a circular shape. (you will leave the hook on the hanger this will allow you to hang wreath easily).

3. String the bulbs onto the coat hanger. I did... 3 red---1 silver. (be creative) You will see the more you add the fuller the wreath will be, just keep adding until it is full.

4. Connect the ends to create your wreath. I added some small bulb garland and a bow for a complete look.

I used somewhere around 55 bulbs, this will depend on the size of the bulbs and your coat hanger. I figure it cost me around $18 to complete this wreath.

Happy Wreath Making!!

1 comment:

  1. I SOOO have to start feeling better soon...what a great "home-made gift idea also"...thanks for always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete